Owner FAQs

How do I change my address for my check?
A Change of Address form can be found in the Owner Forms section.

What is the difference between a royalty owner and a working interest owner?
A royalty owner shares in production revenues and a working-interest owner shares in both production revenues and development and operating expenses.

Does Range offer direct deposit (EFT) of royalty payments?
Range offers EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) for revenue interest owners into any United States bank account that accepts Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfers. The form is downloadable in the Direct Deposit section and includes additional direct deposit FAQs.

What is the purpose of my "Owner Number?"
You have been assigned an exclusive six-digit owner number to distinguish you from our other interest owners. When communicating with us, please include your owner number. Your owner number can be found in the upper right hand corner of your revenue detail or JIB statement.

When are revenue checks mailed?
Revenue checks are mailed on the last business day of each month and generally include production for 60 days prior (i.e. April production is paid on the June check).

What kinds of taxes are deducted from my check?
Typically, tax deductions are for state severance taxes, or in certain states, state withholding taxes.  If you do not provide us with your social security number or tax identification number, we are required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to withhold federal taxes.  If you are a non-resident alien, we may deduct federal taxes from your check.

What are the deductions on my check?
The deductions are usually transportation, compression or gathering charges.

What could be the reason(s) I haven’t received a check?
We remit revenue to you once your balance exceeds $100 unless you have previously requested from us in writing to be set up with a $25 minimum pay status. Amounts over $10 but under your minimum pay threshold are paid annually.

Occasionally, payments are held due to matters which create uncertainty as to ownership, such as a notice of death, change of address, transfer of property, assignment of interest or legal dispute. Payments due are accumulated and released when the matter affecting ownership has been resolved.

What should I do if my check is lost, stolen, damaged or older than the 90 days listed on the check?
Please allow 30 business days to receive your check. If your check is lost, stolen or more than 90 days old, contact the Owner Relations hotline at 1-844-594-6775 (note stolen checks require written notification). You will be advised of our Void process, after which we will reissue the check on our next revenue check write. Range does offer Direct Deposit (EFT) for your royalty payments.

What are "Stale dated" Checks?
Our revenue checks are not negotiable after 90 days. If you did not deposit your check within that time frame, we must re-issue the check. Please return the check to the address listed below and we will take the necessary steps to void and reissue this amount (with full detail) on your next revenue check.

Range Resources Corporation
Attn: Owner Relations
100 Throckmorton Street, Suite 1200
Fort Worth, TX 76102

Why is backup withholding deducted from my revenue check?
A valid Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number must be provided to us for reporting and identification purposes. If it is not, the Internal Revenue Service requires withholding of 24% of all revenues (30% for foreign residents) until the information is provided.

To notify us of your valid TIN or SSN, please complete a Form W-9 (found in the Owner Forms section) and return by fax to 817-869-4390, mail or email to:

Range Resources Corporation
Attn: Owner Relations
100 Throckmorton Street, Suite 1200
Fort Worth, TX 76102

What will be the amount of my next check?
For security reasons, we do not provide check details over the phone before you received your check. However, the detail of your next check is made available online before the check arrives in the mail. This check detail, in most cases, will be available online by the 25th of the month and the check is mailed the last business day of that same month.

Who do I contact regarding my revenue check and what information should I include to help answer my question?
Please contact the Owner Relations hotline at 1-844-594-6775 or email OwnerRelations@rangeresources.com. Include your name, daytime phone number with area code, owner number and last 4 digits of your Tax ID/Social Security number for verification. A representative should contact you within 48 hours.

When are royalty payments suspended?
The reasons for suspending your revenue are: title dispute, death of owner, transfer of ownership, unknown address, and assignment of ownership. It is done to protect you, and the money will be released as soon as the problem is resolved. Keeping your information current may prevent this inconvenience.

Where can I research unclaimed funds?
To locate unclaimed funds, please visit the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators' (NAUPA) website at www.unclaimed.org to locate and collect unclaimed funds in your name.

What is a B-Notice?
Every year IRS compares the information you provided them when applying for your social security number with the information we provided them when reporting your income (on IRS Form 1099). If the IRS finds a discrepancy, they will require us to contact you in order to resolve the error. IRS records are confidential; therefore, the IRS cannot legally inform us as to what specific discrepancy they found.

The First B-Notice requires you to return an IRS Form W-9 (form can be found in Owner Forms section) to us. On the Form W-9, provide your name and social security number as it appears on your application to the IRS for your social security number. Normally, this resolves the discrepancy. Common mistakes include inverted numbers, name changes that were not reported to the IRS and the use of a spouse’s social security number. Should the preparation of a Form W-9 not resolve the error, the next year the IRS will require us to send a Second B-Notice. This notice will require you to contact your local Social Security Administration (SSA) office to have your social security number validated on Form SSA-7028 (provided by the SSA). Please provide us a copy of this form.

What type of annual statements will I receive?
Royalty owners receiving more than $10 and working-interest owners receiving more than $600 annually receive IRS Form 1099. The IRS requires us to report the gross dollars paid to you during the previous calendar year. As a courtesy, we also provide to you the total net dollars paid to you, which equals your gross revenues less all applicable deductions (such as transportation, severance taxes, etc.) The net value noted on your 1099 should equal the total value of payments made to you during the calendar year.

When will I receive my form 1099 form from Range Resources?
The IRS requires form 1099's to be mailed no later than January 31st. Forms will also be made available online at this time.

Who do I contact with form 1099 questions?
If you have questions regarding your form 1099 or have not received your form 1099 by February 15th, you should call 1-844-594-6775.

What is a Division Order?
A Division Order is a directive signed on behalf of the Interest owner verifying to the purchaser or operator of a well the decimal interest of production owned by the owner. It also provides the owner's remittance address and taxpayer identification number.

How do I transfer my interest in a property?
Please see Ownership Change section for documents required by Range.

In order to change the payee on our records, you must change the record title of the owner. If the interest type is a royalty or mineral interest, you need to file a deed from yourself to the new owners in the records of the county in which the land being conveyed is located. We do not furnish deed forms or assist in the drawing up of such conveyances. If you need help, you should employ an attorney with real property law knowledge in the state where the land is located. If the interest type is working interest or overriding royalty, you should employ an attorney familiar with oil and gas law.

What happens when the interest owner of a property dies?
Please see Ownership Change section for documents required by Range.

Oil and gas interests are considered real property and as such are governed by the laws of the state in which the land is located. In order to transfer the interest according to a will, the will must be probated in the state in which the land is located. The exception to this is that Texas will allow you to file a probate from another state to document a change in title. If there is no probate or the will is not probated in the state in which the land is located, you should submit a completed Affidavit of Heirship (also known as Affidavit of Death and Heirship) and a copy of the death certificate.

Whom do I contact to determine the value of my mineral interest?
We do not provide any type of valuation or opinion of your interest.

How do I receive an offer to sell my interest to Range Resources?
If you are interested in selling your working, overriding royalty or royalty (mineral) interest, please contact us at 1-844-594-6775 for more information.